Some government reports, original artwork, poems, photographs, speeches, letters, memos, personal narratives, diaries, interviews, autobiographies and correspondence are examples of primary sources.
What is considered a primary source?
Primary sources give a first-hand account of an event or time period. They can share new information or represent original thinking. They try to explain or describe the primary sources.
What are 4 secondary sources?
- There are articles in the journal. The books should only be used for writing literature reviews.
- Magazines are available.
- There were reports.
- They have encyclopedias.
- Handbooks are books.
- There are definitions of the word.
- There are documents.
- There are newspapers.
Speeches, Interviews, and Conversations can be captured in Videos, Audio Recordings, or transcribed into text. Other forms of Social Media include autobiographies, memoirs and diaries. Other forms of social media include autobiographies, memoirs, personal journals and diaries.
What are 5 examples of sources?
- There are archives and manuscript materials.
- There are photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, and films.
- They have journals, letters, and diaries.
- There were speeches.
- There are scrapbooks.
- At the time, books, newspapers and magazine clippings were published.
- Government publications.
- The oral histories.
If additional information is needed, librarians from UC Irvine will follow it up.