A baseline is a starting point for a project plan. Measure and compare your project’s progress against a fixed reference point. You can assess the performance of your project over time with this.
How do you establish a project baseline?
- Dependencies and activities can be identified.
- Estimate durations and resources.
- A schedule model can be created.
- Seek approval.
- The schedule baseline should be communicated.
- The schedule baseline needs to be used and maintained.
What are the three project baselines and can they be changed?
The different project baselines give you a way to measure progress and record changes at the beginning of the project. Scope, schedule and cost are the most common baselines you will use on projects. In 2020.