led on. To encourage someone to do something or to expect something, especially by lying to them or promising them something that they can’t have. I don’t want to see her look foolish, so I hope he’s not leading her on.
What is lead to something?
To begin a process that leads to something happening.
How do you use lead on in a sentence?
- Lead in a certain way.
- He’s looking for someone who might lead him in the right direction.
- It can lead to a victory.
- She let him lead her into the center of the room with her hand through his elbow.
- He’s singing like a choir at a church revival.
What is another word for leading on?
- Don’t deceive.
- Inveigle to have sex.
- It’s possible to entice a betrayer.
- The lure of entrap.
- Be careful with the bait.
He is willing to lead on his victims until they become hopelessly ensnared and desperate for other criminal activities.
What is the synonym of leading to?
- CatsalysingUK can be produced.
- Resulting in yielding.
- Bringing on.
- Setting in motion is something that we contribute to.
- It is translated into giving rise.
His hard work would eventually lead to great wealth and success.
What is the meaning of leading on?
The definition of lead is to entice or induce to adopt or continue in a course or belief.