- The goal of the person who is the main character.
- The supporting cast wants what they want.
- There are five plot points.
- There is an order of events, a sequence and an act.
- A list of scenes you think will help tell the story.
Before the flesh of action and dialogue are applied, a critical scrutiny of the skeleton is permitted. The act of putting the “spine” down on paper reveals things about the story that wouldn’t be apparent without outlining.
What are the key elements of effective outlining?
- Parallelism. Parallel structure should be preserved with each heading and subheading.
- There was coordination. The information in Heading 1 has the same significance.
- It’s Subordination.
- There is a division.
- Do you know your topic?
- Take your main points and figure them out.
- Pick out your main points.
- Sub-points were created.
What are the 3 types of outlines?
There are three types of outlines: working outline, full-sentence outline and speaking outline.
What are the 4 basic principles in outlining?
Consistency, unity, coherence, and emphasis are four principles of outlining. Warren C. DuBois wrote a book on public speaking. Standard outlining format should be followed in terms of consistency.
What are the four outlines?
- Outlining is a classical style. Roman numerals, letters, and numbers are part of a classical outline.
- There is a summary outlining. The writer estimates the number of chapters in their manuscript with a summary outline.
- The index card is outlining.
- There is a clustering of things.
Roman numerals, letters and numbers are included in a classical outline. This is a form of outlining that is very organized and uses a lot of sequential thinking.
A beat sheet is a sequential ordered list of plot events that is used by screenwriters. For the technically inclined, a program like Microsoft’s “Power Point” or Mac’s “Keynote” allow you to create cards online and easily rearrange as needed. Clustering is a form of mind mapping that involves creating a web of ideas that will eventually be used to start a story.
What are the three principles of outlining?
Subordination, coordination, and division are three key tenets. Your audience can follow your presentation if you have an organized presentation.
What is the first principle of outlining?
All items of information in the outline should be related to your purpose. Your purpose should be fulfilled by the time you have finished speaking.
What are the rules of outlining?
- Your main points should be summarized in the conclusion.
- There should be a note of finality in the conclusion.
- The conclusion can refer back to the introduction.