Preliminary estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau show that bookstore sales fell in October. In October, sales were $627 million, but in December they were $446 million.
Are books a dying industry?
The industry is not at risk of dying, contrary to popular belief. In the last few years, the industry has seen growth, with book sales increasing in value by 1.4% in the last year.
Are books still popular 2020?
In the US, the trade or consumer book industry saw a growth of 9.7% in 2020. According to the latest figures from the Association of American Publishers, sales of consumer books were up more than 20% in the first two months of the year.
Did people read more books in 2020?
34% of people in the world have read more books than usual since COVID began, according to research compiled by Global English Editing. There is a full Infographic of world reading habits in 2020.
What is the most popular book right now 2020?
- The number one. A land of promise. Barack Obama is the 44th president of the United States.
- There are two things: first is the number one and second is the number two. How My Family… Mary L. is too much and never enough.
- #3 is the last one. There is a place where the Crawdads sing. There is a person named Delia Owens.
- There are at least four. My first learn to write book…
- It’s number 5. The sun goes down at midnight.
- There is a number 6. Untamed.
- It’s number seven. If animals kissed good night.
- There are 8. Why it’s hard for white people…
Are books becoming less popular?
Over the past 20 years, the percentage of Americans reading any books has dropped dramatically. Less than half of the American population reads.
Are books getting more popular?
According to a survey, books have been growing in length for a couple of decades. The average book length grew from 320 to 407 pages between 1999 and 2004. It has continued sinceNov 2, 2020.