- If there is at least one line down from the top of Page 1, place the cursor before or after any text.
- Click Page layout > Margins
- Change the top margin to 1 inch in the Page setup window.
- From the Apply to selection box, choose “This point forward”.
- Click okay.
What does 1 inch margin mean?
The total empty space on the document’s left side is the sum of the margin and gutter space.
How do I change the ruler in Word to inches on a Mac?
- Choose Pages > Preferences from the Pages menu at the top of your screen, then click Rulers at the top of the preferences window.
- Click on the Ruler Units pop-up menu and choose an increment.
The vertical ruler is needed for word-processing documents like a letter or report. The ruler can be set to use points, inches, centimeters, or percentages. Click the Ruler Units pop-up menu and choose an increment.