- To display the Task Ribbon, click the Task tab.
- Click on the drop down list to see more views.
- Click on the More Views pop up box to copy it.
- The View Discrimination in ‘Project Name’ box will appear if you click Copy.
One of the questions I get from clients is how to modify their view. I will show them how to modify their own view in Microsoft Project Pro. If you click on the More Views pop-up box, you will be able to copy the project name.
How do I customize Microsoft Project?
- Right-click the field name in the project file and choose Custom Fields.
- If you want the field to be available in task views or resource views, select Task.
- From the type list, select the type of field you want to change.
Pick how you want the values in your custom field to roll up under Calculation for task and group summary rows. The values are summarized at task and group levels. If you want the values in the custom field to be distributed, choose how to do it under Calculation for assignment rows.
How do I save a view in MS Project?
- You can show the built-in view that’s closest to what you want.
- Click the bottom half of the chart button on the Task or View tab to save the view.
- Click OK if you want to name the view in the Save View dialog box.
It’s easy to save custom views when you plan ahead. I like to add C_ at the beginning of each custom view, so they are easy to spot in drop-down lists and the global template. If you show a built-in Project view and then build a custom view with filters, groups, timescale settings, table columns, and formatting, what would you do?
You have displayed the built-in Tracking view, applied the In Progress Tasks filter, set the timescale to days, and added and rearranged columns in the table. The definition of the view and table is in the global template.
Project saves the new view and table if you have the “Automatically add new views, tables, filters and groups to the global” option turned on. Click Yes if the message tells you that you will be reverting to your global template.
How do I export a view in MS Project?
Menu File Import/Export Export Project can be used to access the Export to MPP option. All views and information are exported into an MPP file.