- Pick the text you want to change.
- The Advanced tab can be found on the Home tab.
- If you want to specify how much space you want in the By box, click Expanded or Condensed.
If you are using Word 2007, the Character Spacing tab is called.
Why is there a large space between words in Word?
Click on the option to open the file menu in Word. Clicking on the Writing Style line will lead you to theProofing tab. The space required between sentences can be found in the drop-down menu. Pick either 1 or 2, or choose not to check the sentence spacing. There will be a new year in 2021.
How do I change the spacing between words in Word 2016?
- You can click on the Home tab.
- The line spacing command button can be found in the Paragraph group. A menu is displayed.
- You can choose a new value. The line spacing is set for the current paragraph. Word has extra space below each line of text.
How do I change the spacing between words in Word for Mac?
- Click on the file or style you want to view.
- Click Modify if you want to modify Normal.
- I changed the line spacing to single and the Font to Times New Roman. When done, click ok.
- Click yes when prompted.
The line spacing was changed to single and the Font was changed to Times New Roman.
How do I remove unwanted spaces between words in Word?
- If you want to see the Find and Replace dialog, please press H.
- Press More to see more options.
- After finishing the settings, click Replace All to remove the extra spaces between the words.
The Find and Replace function can be used to remove extra spaces from a document. It’s easier to do your jobs with Kutools for Word. It will pop out a dialog to remind you if you want to remove all extra spaces from the document.